"It's the least expensive but most meaningful gift you can give this holiday season."
Simple How-To Guide
StoryCorps’ Favorite Questions
* Who was the most important person in your life? Can you tell me about him or her?
* Who has been the biggest influence on your life? What lessons did that person teach you?
* Who has been the kindest to you in your life?
* What are the most important lessons you’ve learned in life?
* What are you proudest of in your life?
* Are there any words of wisdom you’d like to pass along to me?
* How has your life been different than what you’d imagined?
* How would you like to be remembered?
* Is there anything that you’ve never told me but want to tell me now?
* Is there something about me that you’ve always wanted to know but have never asked?
(I love these Questions for anytime! Think of the conversations you could have instead of talk about celebrities, politicians . . !)
Of course you can choose to do an interview any day of the year. Over 90,000 people have interviewed one another in StoryCorps booths over the last ten years. It is a rich experience to listen to any of the 500 NPR broadcast interviews, podcasts, and animated shorts. For more tips see How to Get Someone's Story.
StoryCorps, which celebrated its Tenth Anniversary this October. See my “Eyes on the Stars” post for the story behind StoryCorps.
Related Blog Post: "Is there anything you've never told me, but want to tell me now?"